Sunday, January 13, 2008

Shockingly, Not Everyone Hearts Tom Brady

As Meddlesome and I were watching the Patriots pull away from the Jaguars last night, she said "Tom Brady is annoying." In my mind, I was thinking "Huh...I actually really like Tom Brady. I think he's such a class guy...a true gentleman." I figured there was something he did that I hadn't read about. I usually form my opinion of celebrity athletes based on some character flaw. For example, I don't like Peyton Manning because he's super goofy-looking yet acts like he's all that. If I have to watch another stupid Priceless Pep Talk Mastercard commercial...! So of course I ask Meddlesome what her beef is with Tom Brady. "Because he's not with Bridget Moynahan. And I like Bridget." Totally ridiculous reason, right? But maybe Meddlesome is onto something...doesn't Tom look much better and happier with Bridget than Gisele? I'm thinking the whole Victoria's Secret Supermodel thing is way overrated.



Tom with Bridget












Tom with Gisele

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And not to mention the fact that he left Bridget when she told him she was pregnant with his child. And the fact that he chooses to spend any and all free time that he has with his supermodel girlfriend rather than his son. I used to root for this guy but like you I do base a part of my support for someone on character. When I found out that he was doing this, I said no more. I root against the patriots in every game now.

Unknown said...

Yes... Vtrain forgot to mention that fact (which of course was part of my decision to dislike Tom Brady). I think Bridget is great. Reason #1 ... the name of the baby includes Tom Brady's name. Reason #2 ... she didn't trash talk him at all.