Saturday, January 19, 2008

Happy Birthday to Meddlesome Addendum

PS
For those who may not be getting the significance of the inedible fruit tart - ever since we were young girls, Meddlesome's parents always bought her a fruit tart for her birthday. And as tradition goes, she always closed her eyes, made a wish, blew out the candles and then got her pick of which slice she was going to have...uh not so much. She did all those things except the last. Her parents didn't allow her to eat her bday cake. For as long as I can remember, her parents always had Meddlesome on a diet. And no, Meddlesome was not fat. She wasn't close to being fat. But this was just one of those things that seemed normal to me. Now that I'm older and have shared some of my childhood stories with my friends, I've been told that, in fact, it's not normal for a 5' 2" 105lb 12-year old girl to be enrolled in Jenny Craig.

No comments: