Thursday, December 28, 2006

2007 New Year's Resolution

Last year my new year's resolution was to always have my apartment "guest-ready", meaning I wanted to keep it clean enough that I would feel comfortable with drop-in guests at all times. I would say I stuck to my resolution about...hmmm...5% of the year. So I think my odds of sticking to my resolution this year better than last year are pretty good. This year my resolution is in line with the rest of the country: lose weight. However my motivation is almost the best possible reason ever: I need to get my fat a** into a wedding dress by April. The fact that these dresses are white is just plain cruel. Not only is everyone already looking at every aspect of your body multiple times throughout your wedding day, but you can't even choose the reliable little black dress that disguises your flaws. Instead, you gotta go balls out with a crazy body-revealing non-flattering color dress! But that's why I have my new year's resolution to get me hopefully looking okay by the day. And if that fails, thank god Spanx was invented!

No comments: