Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Yummy in My Tummy

The search for a caterer is probably the most difficult vendor to find for a wedding. It's partly due to finding someone who is in your budget range but even harder than that, is finding a dependable caterer. Out of 6 catering companies, only 1 of them was solid in response to my calls or emails. Not really a good percentage, right? So of course, we went with that 1 caterer, www.tresla.com. My maid of honor is especially happy with this choice because the owner, Alan, is hot and that's really all that matters. This is the same reason she approves of my DJ, redshoela.com. I digress...the caterer, Tres LA. I went to a tasting and the food was really good. The appetizers were amazing - Tuna tartare in a pastry cone, Mushroom empanada, Brie with honey in pastry shell, Vietnamese summer rolls, Shrimp wrapped in crispy noodles with papaya and mango chutney, Beef tenderloin in bib lettuce, Mini cheeseburgers and Mixed seafood ceviche in asian spoon. I don't know how I'm going to narrow down to 4 of those! And the salmon with coconut curry sauce entree was especially yummy and I don't even like curry! So the tasting really sealed the deal, which I should have known since we were told that they have a 100% conversion rate after prospects come in for a tasting.

In case you're wondering, some other caterers we were considering were Contemporary Catering and LA Spice but they just didn't have the same customer service as Tres LA.

No comments: