Monday, November 20, 2006

Night at the Improv

Are comedy clubs considered cheesy? If so, I think I have been oblivious to this fact. I went to the Hollywood Improv last Thursday, which is another post altogether. Somebody should have warned me that as a thirty-something year old I should not be going out on a weeknight. I was dying at work the next morning. Anyway, back to the comedy club...I went because I got free tickets. I only go when I have comps but they still get you on the two item minimum requirement but I'm okay with that as long as I don't have to pay a cover. God, I sound like I'm rationalizing why I go to comedy clubs...I actually go because I enjoy stand-up immensely. I even own a Gary Gulman CD that I've listened to in my car. Apparently when I told my friend she thought it was really weird. I guess that goes along with people who think comedy clubs are cheesy. I seriously had no idea that there are people out there that think that.

Btw, Michael Richards aka Kramer from Seinfeld was one of the comedians. He totally stunk it up!!!! I am still in shock at how unfunny he was. But I LOVE John Heffron - if you have a chance to see him in your neighborhood, you should - especially if you are a thirty something year old. The headliner was Joe Rogan, Mr. Fear Factor host. He is crazy raunchy.

Anyway, sorry for being so delinquent on my blogging. My cousin gave me a stern talk about my obligation to be a consistent blogger. I will try to live up to her high expectations.

No comments: