Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The best part of my day was the worst part of my day.

The best part happened when I stopped for a chat at a couple of coworkers' cubes that I don't normally interact with that often. We had the best laughing session discussing how Filipinos have a unique style for naming their children. Don't worry, the person leading this conversation was of Filipino descent so it was politically correct. I kid you not, we know people who's first names are Babyruth (my friend's nurse), KitKat (my bf's coworker) and OrangeJuice (a friend of a friend).

While I was having a good time taking 15 minutes out of my day to socialize which I consider completely okay to do as I work my ass off at work, one of the VPs at work was ratting me out to my boss. And ratting me out is a strong word considering I didn't do anything wrong. What is especially bothersome about all of this is that the VP passed me in the hallway while I was chatting up my coworkers and didn't have the courtesy to stop and tell me he had a problem with me. Instead he kept marching along to my boss' office to tell her and walked by me about 10 minutes later without a word to me. That just bugs! Especially because I am by no means a slacker - and most of my colleagues and my boss for that matter can vouch for me. So it is such a slap in the face to be ratted on for something that I wasn't aware of. And that so far has been the worst part of my day. Hopefully it will remain the worst part of my day as I'm looking forward to going home and hitting the exercise bike so I can perhaps zip up another wedding dress! Good times.

1 comment:

Jemifus said...

That blows chunks. When you reach a certain level, they need to just understand that you will allocate your day in a way that makes the most sense to do a great job, even if that includes taking a short mental break. If you aren't doing your job, then they can talk. Until then, shouldn't they have better things to worry about?