Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Whoever said wedding dress shopping is fun...

is freakin' crazy! Actually it is probably fun...if you are a size 4 or smaller. I have spent the past two weekends on the search for a dress for the "big day." And out of about 50 dresses, I was only able to zip up one dress all the way. For those that have not had the joy of trying on wedding dresses, bridal salons keep clothespins and rubber bands on hand to adjust the dress. The pins and bands can cinch the dress smaller or they can keep the dress unzipped and hold the sides together. It's probably really hard to imagine unless you've seen it firsthand. It's quite genius actually. Anyway I digress, not only was I able to zip just one dress up, but I couldn't even get into a few of the dresses. These are supposed to be sample dresses for every bride to be able to try on. Makes me wonder how a lot of women try on dresses. You're probably wondering how big I am - well I am bigger than I'd like to be but I think I'm still considered average or a bit larger than the average American. I am about a size 8 - sometimes I wear size 10, and on fewer occasions I wear a size 6. So my point is, if you didn't have high self-esteem (which I do), dress shopping could really make you hate your body and wish you weren't engaged. Anyhow, because I don't want to alienate and/or drive my friends crazy by becoming one of these women that become consumed by planning their wedding, my posts will be probably continue to be centered around this subject matter. Feel free to let me know if I start sounding like a Bridezilla.

No comments: